Thursday, April 06, 2006

Used: The Gospel as Participation - Thoughts Part 2

This is one of my Vans Old School shoes. This sucker has been through the ringer with me. I wish I could still wear them but if you look there is a ginourmous gaping whole in the back and when I walk the soul flaps out. Once I walk about a block there is only an inch of soul left inside the shoe. There is something glorious about using something well. We usually think it's the new "cool" item that has the most value but in actuality it's the things that we've shared life with that means the most. Like those "blankees" most kids have that they wear out so much they become scraps of yarn and fiber. I'm beginning to realize that God's desire for me is too look like this shoe. That his goal for my life is to be used by him. To have the worn out marks of his feet guiding my life and stamped into my being. God wants to be involved in every part of my life and he wants me to be involved in him. So much of my life I have been focused on getting somewhere when God has been whispering that he just wants me to be used. The journey with God is the destination. A life well used.

No comments: